Are you still convinced that having a website or social media presence isn’t worth your time? Are you wondering whether your prospects interact with advisors, like yourself, on social sites?
Consumers are looking to make informed decisions, which means they are tapping into all resources available to them, most of which are online. Let’s face it. If you don’t have a website or social media, you’re losing business to someone that does. And here is the evidence. Below is a list of 10 revealing statistics that reiterate the importance of having an online presence. These stats speak loudly to financial advisors and what their prospects are doing online:
- Google processes over 40,000 search queries every second. Each day, there are over 3.5 billion searches which translates to 1.2 trillion searches per year. (Internet Live Stats, 2014)
- 89% of consumers conduct their product research using search engines. (PR Newsire, 2014)
- 72% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. (Search Engine Journal, 2014)
- Nearly two in three of mass affluent consumers take action after using social media to discover and consider financial products and services. (The DigitalFA, 2014)
- Two-thirds of millionaires surveyed said they would like to use electronic media with their advisors. (The DigitalFA, 2014)
- About 90 percent of mass affluent consumers use social media. Of that 90 percent, 44% engage with financial institutions on social media. (LinkedIn, 2013)
- Companies that increase blogging from 3-5 times a month to 6-8 times a month almost double their leads. Companies that blog only 1-2 times a month generate 70% more leads than those that don’t blog at all. (Hubspot, 2012)
- Inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional outbound marketing. (Groove Digital Marketing, 2013)
- Google says there are more searches on mobile than on desktop (Google, 2015)
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for content marketing at 89%. (Social Times, 2013)
It is important that Advisors continue to adapt to the needs of their prospects. Don’t get left behind in the digital world. Get started on building an effective online presence today.